Since graduating from my commercial photography studies , I have spent 16 amazing years heavily involved in the photography industry. I began my career photographing children and families , progressing onto studio glamour portraits.
Over the past 10 years, I have worked as Senior Photographer for the Government. A variety of disciplines I work with allow me to work in classified environments and with high profile people.
In establishing Grace Costa Photographer, my main goal is to work with entrepreneurs and small businesses- to bring their business to life, by capturing what they love to do. My expertise includes creating portraits, customised brand images, all whilst providing professional guidance. The process begins by selecting a relevant location to photograph your business story, to stand out from other competitors..
I understand that portrait work and awkwardness can often go hand in hand! Because of this, I will ensure a comfortable experience.. As for your hairdo,that I cannot help you with!
Education is important to me. I tutor photography to students of all skill levels. I enjoy guiding individuals to improve their technical skills, achieve creative goals and overall confidence in their journey to become a more skilled photographer. Contact Grace Costa if you would like to discuss photography tuition.
Sessions start at $230 and GIFT VOUCHERS ARE AVAILABLE.
HORSE is my recent art series, please visit the SHOP to purchase limited edition fine art prints.
Awards & Exhibitions
- HORSE, Scratch Art Space, Sydney 2017 (Head On Photo Festival)
- HORSE, Weswal Gallery, Tamworth NSW 2017
- HORSE, Nishi Gallery, NewActon, Canberra 2016
- Represented by The Photography Room Gallery, Canberra 2016-2017
- National Photographic Portrait Prize 2014
- Fremantle International Portrait Prize 2013
- “Poppy Collection” BSG Gallery Melbourne 2013
- “Buck’d Off” (Australian Rodeo)- Solo Exhibition
- Canberra 2012
- Sydney 2013
- Melbourne 2013
- National Photographic Portrait Prize, NPG Canberra
- St Kevin’s Art Show
- Still, Grace Costa and Mark Mohell, Gaffa Gallery, Sydney
- Still, Grace Costa and Mark Mohell, Weswall Gallery, Sydney
- “On Film”, Huw Davies Gallery, Canberra
- PhotoACTIVISM, Huw Davies Gallery, Canberra
- “Photography” Brunswick Street Gallery, Melbourne
- “Click 12” Exhibition Melbourne
- “Kodak Salon Awards”, Contemporary Centre for Photography, Melbourne
- “Graduating” exhibition, High Court Of Australia, Canbera
Australian Professional Photography Awards and International Loupe Awards
- Finalist National Photographic Portrait Prize 2014
- Finalist Fremantle International Portrait Prize 2013
- Winner of the Click 12 Photography Prize 2013
- 1 x Silver With Distinction
- 4 x Silver
- Canberra Institute of Technology graduating class Diploma of Photography 2017.
- Canberra Institute of Technology Diploma of Photography 2016.
- Canberra Institute Technology 3rd Year Diploma of Photography 2014.
- Australian Business Academy, Canberra – Graphic Design class (guest photography teacher) 2015,2014
- St Mary MacKillop College Canberra – Year 12 photography class 2014
- Australian Business Academy Exhibition
- Canberra Photographic Society
- Canberra Creatives Photography competition
Questions? Contact Me.
When you need professional dynamic images to portray your business or a fresh new portrait, drop me a line.
Get in touch
Mobile: 0403 593 548